First things first - We Are Official
A Family Story is official! We received our 501 (c) 3 status early in August! Thanks to Shannon Chambers who navigated the process for us and thanks to our Newsong church family for giving toward this!
That's good news for those who have been giving and those who want to. You can click HERE to make a donation
- Board Members - Our board has been established. For the sake of brevity, I will simply post the names here. I hope to have more information up on A Family Story’s website ASAP. Our board consists of, Mark Appleyard, Jeff Watson, Shannon Chambers, Shawn Ring, Lloyd Clark, Jeremy Cole, and Scott Crowder. All of these folks are amazing and we are honored by their friendship and partnership!
We have had several adventures in the last months. One of the highlights being our trip to Jerusalem where we shot the third episode of The Presence titled, “Put on the Full Armor.”
We had the opportunity in Israel to meet and interview some incredible people including, Andrew White (the Vicar of Bagdad), Steven Khoury (Pastor of Holy Land Missions) and Jurgen Buhler (the Director of ICEJ).
We are currently editing this episode and executive producers, John and Heidi White, hope to release it later this year. I am honored to be a part of this show!
While we were in Jerusalem the second episode of The Presence aired. It is titled, Take Every Thought Captive. This episode takes place in Managua Nicaragua and tells a powerful faith story of pastor Daniel Ortega and the ministry to the people of Nicaragua. You can watch it here.
During that weekend we shot two more interviews for our new web series Imagine. The amazing guests were, Jonathan Welton - President of Welton Academy, and Tricia Frost - Director of Shiloh Place Ministries.
We have one more episode to shoot later this month in Iceland (more on that later) and editing has begun. We hope to have the first season of Imagine available online in late September.
Speaking and Writing
The last two months have been focused on writing and speaking.
Specifically these last months, I have been at Crossroads Church in Waxhaw, River Church in Huntersville, and our home church, Newsong. I will be at the latter two again in the coming weekends. I am so honored to be a part of the story God is telling in the Charlotte area. God is moving powerfully in our area; hearts are coming alive to His good love and we are growing sure in our Fathers affection. I have several out of state speaking engagements later this year.
You can see my speaking schedule HERE.
As to writing, I have been working on two projects. First, I have been editing/writing a book for Mark Appleyard, Pastor of Crossroads Church in Waxhaw NC and Director of Anothen Ministries. Anothen is a Kingdom mentoring ministry to business executives. This book is a revelatory tool that will empower sons and daughters, particularly in the business community, to live as representatives of His Kingdom on earth. I am honored to be involved!
Second, I am in the editing stage of my new book, The Whole Story. Thanks to Nancy Bishay, who is helping with the edits I hope to begin pre-sales in early Oct. This book is focused on the sovereignty of love as opposed to control. It invites sons and daughters into a greater revelation of Gods goodness so we can access trust and experience intimacy.
We are exploring self-publishing for this book. We will be releasing more information on both the content and when it will release in the coming months.
We will be shooting a trailer for this book as well as the last episodes for Imagine late in August. We will be shooting this in Iceland with my brother Joel. He has such a revelation of discovering our epic story in Gods and I can’t think of a better place to shoot this than Iceland. This is a trip I was invited on by some good friends and I’m so very grateful – thanks, Aaron and Seth!
Our focus for the remainder of the year 2016:
· We hope to shoot six teaching sessions before years end to support a small group devotional guide for Prone To Love.
· We continue to edit and plan to release my new book, The Whole Story the last quarter of 2016 or first quarter 2017.
· We have filmed five interviews for the first season of Imagine and will film the sixth late Aug. We hope to release all six episodes thru late September into early October.
Partner with Us:
· To purchase cameras and cover the editing budget for teaching material and the first six episodes of Imagine
· To set up editorial and developmental help as well a strategy for the release of, The Whole Story
· To hire web developmental help/intern
If you would like more details specific to giving we can send a breakdown our financial needs. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We so value your friendship and continued prayer and support. We are thankful for all of you and are honored to run together to see His kingdom come.
Jason and Karen Clark - Aug 8, 2016
To sign up for our mailing list, click HERE.